The GD-OES system installed at EMSL utilizes pulse matched RF source, the only technique that can provide both surface, depth profile and bulk elemental composition with high sensitivity for all elements (including the light elements) applicable to almost all solid materials, including metals, metal alloy coatings, semiconductors, polymer coatings, and glass. Many of today’s products used in the automotive, aerospace, marine or even everyday applications, a structural part or semiconductor component, depend on the precise control of the microstructure and chemical composition on the surface or subsurface layers to achieve designed unique properties, corrosion resistance, or other performances with extended application life time. A few examples of the applications that can benefit from the GD-OES instrumentation available at EMSL Analytical are: hard disks, PZT layers, multilayers on glasses, case-hardening layer on steels, and thin oxides on metals.
The GD-OES system available at EMSL Analytical has the following unique features:
- Pulsed Matched RF source and unique double differential pumping for optimum crater shape and resolution.
- High resolution simultaneous optics (1m focal length) with full spectral coverage from 110 to 800nm, including VUV H, (D), O, C, N and Cl.
- New generation of HORIBA Jobin Yvon original, ion-etched holographic gratings assure the highest light throughput for maximum sensitivity.
- Patented HDD detection provides speed and sensitivity in detection without compromise.
- Easily accessible sample compartment allows plenty of room for sample loading.
- Powerful QUANTUMT XP2™ software with Report generator.
- Built-in monochromator (1m focal length) provides the perfect tool to increase instrument flexibility while adding the capability for analyzing virtually any element on the periodic table.